I am increasingly convinced of the necessity and power of books to build knowledge, evoke emotion, and stimulate moral reasoning in a well-written, handsomely published, and engaging manner. Whether you’re a parent wanting to spend more time reading aloud as a family or hoping to supplement your child’s education with some worthwhile reading, or whether you are looking to bolster your homeschool curriculum, there is a wealth of wonderful books and helpful information. Here are some resources by way of lists, enthusiasts, publishers, and other book sources.
- Beautiful Feet Books History through literature.
- Bethlehem Books Books to stir the imagination! Historical fiction and biography for all ages.
- Classical Reader Find the best reading books for your K-12 students.
- Lamplighter Building Christ-like character . . . one story at a time.
- Loyal Books Free public domain audio books and ebook downloads.
- Read-Aloud Revival Start a tradition of reading together as a family.
- Simply Charlotte Mason Bookfinder
- Storyformed Celebrate the soul-forming power of imagination, story, and beauty.
- Story Warren Allies in imagination.
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown. I loved this story even before we had kids. It’s a beautiful illustration of the lengths a mother will go to in loving her child. A great picture of God’s love for us. (toddler to lower elementary)